Let me explain.....
My name is Vicki and I am an ATC addict!
In the early Spring of 2006 I discovered a book, my BIBLE actually, called "Artist Trading Cards - An Anthology of ATCs" which, truthfully, is still a much-used resource. It was put out by a wonderful company devoted to paper crafters, called Stampington & Company (www.stampington.com). My life hasn't been the same since! Just ask my friends and family!
This card, made on 3/5/07, showcases my very first attempt at a crackle technique using the following steps:
- I painted the card green, let it dry somewhat
- Spread crackle medium with my fingers. (quick crackle by Duncan)
- To shorten drying time, I hit it with my embossing gun being careful not to allow the surface to bubble.
- Added a swipe of gold acrylic paint, used embossing gun again.
- Then sanded it off. I also added a little bit of Adirondack Mixatives in copper.