18 March 2007

Tutorial from Luminarte, Inc.

Check out this great tutorial on how to combine Twinkling H2Os with your rubber stamps from Leslie Blackburn Ohnstead, president of Luminarte, Inc.

~ how I made this card ~

Supply list: white cardstock blank, Twinkling H2Os, yasutomo waterbrush, black Versamark ink pad, clear embossing powder, collage stamp, clear micro beads, Glossy Accents by Ranger, printed letters, B & W image, glue dots, sharpie, gold paint pen, double-stick tape

The background of this ATC was made by first painting cardstock with Twinkling H2Os in Persimmon. Because there is mica in these shimmering watercolors, the iridescence doesn't completely show up in the scan.

  • Next I stamped a collage stamp in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.
  • Next I dabbed on a little red & yellow alcohol ink for a softer, more distressed look.
  • The same shade of watercolor was used on the slide holder to which I added some cut out letters to spell "INVOKE ART."
  • So as not to compete with the rich color palette, I found a pretty black & white photo to take center stage. I attached it to the back of the slide with double-stick tape, using glue dots to adhere it to the card.
  • Once the surface was completely dry, I spread Glossy Accents (http://www.rangerink.com/) and dropped clear micro beads into the glaze. Gold paint pen was used to edge the slide and a black sharpie to edge the ATC.

Now go find some room on your desk and MAKE something! I'm headed to my studio to "clear a path" which is sad but, oh so true!

No comments: