04 April 2007

Selected for Paper Trader's Homepage

It's hard to put into words how I felt this past weekend when I signed in to my Yahoo Group, Paper Traders, and read "Front page art work by member: Vicki Cook." This is the card that was chosen. It really is a place of honor and makes my day every time I visit!!

The central image is from a collage sheet titled "Kodachrome." I loved the vibrant shade of pink and decided to draw attention to it by using a muted color palette for the rest of the card. The background paper is a vintage label, also printed from a collage CD. The phrase was cut out of a "bodice ripper" paperback which I learned are GREAT for cutting up and using on ATCs. (bodice ripper is an american expression for a novel full of unrestrained romantic passion)

After gluing the paper items I added 4 pink sequins, stamped the stars and rubbed the edges with a red "distress" inkpad from Ranger - a product which is a personal favorite of mine. The card was finished by coating it with a high gloss glaze to protect the card as well as adding dimension.

2 comments:

Gisele said...

I've been very naughty Vickie & didn't get round to congratulating you on being on the front page of PT, wonderful ATC (as all your works are!) Please forgive me :(

Aimeslee Winans said...

Congrats to you, Vic! Gorgeous piece!