03 February 2012

Preserving History

This is another creative outlet that truly "speaks my name." In addition to taking pictures, I seem to thrive when editing/tweaking and especially restoring them! I'm certain part of that equation is the sentimentalist AND the preservationist in me.

I began to realize my affinity for restoration when I made the domino photo pendant, above, for a friend to give to her mom for Mother's Day, in May 2010. (This service is available through my Etsy shop)

As the self-appointed family genealogist and photo curator I've documented up to 120 ancestors on my family tree at Ancestry.com (always a work-in-progress), added 80 photos which include FIVE great-grandparents and restored over 100 photos. I'd love to share another very precious photo restoration completed today. A hand-painted photo on porcelin, of my mother, age 3 from 1926.


2 comments:

Gaby Bee said...

Love the domino photo pendant and the photo of your mother is enchanting!

Unknown said...

the domino pendant is so beautiful! You are so amazingly talented, I bet you smile each time you create something awesome like that!!!!! The photo restoration of your mom is so cool. it has floored me!