07 December 2010

Holly Jolly Christmas

Flickr is one of my very favorite websites for several reaons. TALENT. I am constantly amazed at the talent pool and learn something about photography, every time I visit. INSPIRATION. Just try to walk away without taking a fresh perspective with you when you leave! VISUALLY RICH. The time I spend there is always uplifting. Sunsets, bridges, snow, misty mornings, nature's bounty. EASE OF USE. Searching groups and tags is always easy. A few recent searches: Antique Christmas, vintage santa, tinted postcards, home decor, interior design and that is what inspired me to create this mosaic today for your browsing pleasure!

I even found an idea for a beautifully, simple frosted candle holder here.

Just brush a wash of egg whites over the outside of a (vintage) jar and sprinkle with sugar! Tie a festive bow and voila, instant atmosphere! They used peppermint striped baker's twine.. i may use a swatch from my (vintage) mini-tinsel garland.


Holly Jolly Christmas
Originally uploaded by
cookievf

No comments: