06 October 2012

Cover Play

I had so much fun making this cover for my (daily) written journal. The old-skool, composition notebooks are my top choice for the size, the value and for the durable binding that allows the cover to be folded backwards for support while writing.

Simply done with:
  • composition notebook
  • chipboard letters/numbers (or make some) and tacky glue
  • aluminum foil and modge podge 
  • 2 colors of acrylic paint (white + a mid-tone)
  • add black acrylic paint, allow to semi-dry, then remove from surfaces
  • requires touch-up where paint gets removed 
  • rub-n-buff or any metallic paint to add highlights
  • i used glossy accents for my chipboard "slide mount." .. or any embellishment.

Yep, super simple and look at the results  P.S. and charlie helped!







2 comments:

Introverted Art said...

wow, this is an amazing cover. I would never have thought using aluminum paper that way.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this Vicki! I have a daily thoughts journal I wanna decorate and I am totally going to do it! It looks super beaut!